Nature-Based Solutions Lead, Climate Solutions
CHOOOSE brings climate action into everyday life and business.
The CHOOOSE platform enables enterprise partners across sectors to build and run climate programs that embed climate action in their products, services, and customer experiences.
We are the trusted climate partner of global enterprises including Air Canada, British Airways, SAP Concur, American Express GBT, Southwest Airlines, booking.com, Trip.com, and more. CHOOOSE-powered programs provide practical software tools to our partners and their customers — empowering them to understand and address emissions through readily available and frontier carbon solutions.
We are an ambitious, mission-oriented team, and we are scaling our business and climate action in tandem. We care about one another and our partners. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, CHOOOSE has remote team members around the globe and a growing team in the United States. Now, we are facing an exponential growth curve and need the very best talent to join the next chapters of the CHOOOSE journey.
About the role:
CHOOOSE supports our Partners in providing their customers with one-click access to a range of climate solutions – in the form of carbon removals, verified offsets, and Sustainable Aviation Fuel. We work closely with our partners to understand their diverse technical requirements, and to identify and vet climate solutions that best fit their needs.
As an essential member of our Climate Solutions team, you will collaborate closely with colleagues on CHOOOSE’s Carbon Operations and Commercial teams to understand customer needs, identify and diligence the various carbon reduction projects (both avoiding future emissions and removing past emissions), and present top-quality solution portfolios. We are looking for candidates that are climate-impact oriented, knowledgeable about the multiple sectors that can contribute to a lower-carbon future: renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste management, forestry, and agriculture and have a good understanding of the complexities of the voluntary carbon market. The ideal candidate is passionate about environmental integrity, and preferably has a background in science or a technical field but can clearly explain technical concepts to non-scientists.
- Conduct due diligence on individual carbon offsetting projects, helping CHOOOSE to support our partners in building only the most climate-impactful portfolios of climate solutions. This process will include the technical review and analysis of climate change mitigation projects and identifying legal, reputational and technical risks associated with these projects, in addition to relying on carbon project rating agencies. This role will be focusing on nature-based solutions, including natural ecosystem conservation and restoration (REDD+ project, reforestation, afforestation, mangrove ecosystems) and access to clean cooking and water.
- Review, analyze and follow the development of various international and domestic carbon certification standards, helping CHOOOSE internal team to understand the implication of the evolution of international certification standards (e.g., VCS, Gold Standard), the value and robustness of domestic and proprietary carbon and extra-carbon certification schemes (e.g., British Columbia Offset Protocol in Canada, BioCarbon in Colombia, CCB, etc.) and communicate these in a non-technical manner to our partners.
- Collaborate closely with CHOOOSE’s commercial and customer operations teams to understand our partners’ interests in and requirements around carbon offsets. In partnership with your commercial, customer operations, and climate solutions colleagues, advise CHOOOSE partners on the carbon offsetting projects we can offer, how they work, what are the potential risks, and benefits of each project, in their context
- Act as one of CHOOOSE’s in-house experts on carbon offset projects. This means both connecting and collaborating with the broader ecosystem and serving as a solutions expert in specific partner conversations and settings. Be excited to talk about carbon offset projects with market experts and partners who are new to the field.
- Support the carbon team in facilitating transactions. Liaise with CHOOOSE project partners and internal commercial team to enable and facilitate transactions of emission reduction and removal units for its partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Passionate and knowledgeable about carbon projects: You have experience evaluating or doing diligence on specific climate change mitigation projects. You are eager to understand the details, and equally eager to communicate them effectively to external audiences. You are endlessly excited about advancing climate solutions.
- Organized: You can manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously – to prioritize effectively, to understand and own the details, and to meet deadlines.
- Communicative: You have excellent verbal and written communications. You value overcommunicating internally, and you are comfortable presenting externally.
- Adaptable: You are excited to join a rapidly growing organization – that is fast-paced and scrappy, but at the same time partners with large enterprises and both meets and exceeds their expectations for product and customer service.
- Process-oriented: You like processes – building them, finetuning them, explaining them.
- 3+ years of technical experience working on climate change mitigation solutions, including managing forests, and protecting natural ecosystems. Experience working with global teams across multiple time zones is highly valued.
- Having an academic degree in forestry, agriculture, or conservation would be a plus.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package – including medical, dental, and vision insurance, voluntary 401k contributions, paid parental leave, and paid time off.
- Option to participate in employee equity program
- Flexible work hours and flexible location
- Complete support in remote setup needs
- Flexibility around business travel and regular visits to the Oslo HQ
- A fun, supportive team committed to advancing climate solutions and tackling big challenges, as well as to advancing individuals in their careers.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. CHOOOSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups and communities. CHOOOSE is happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance.
We know the right candidate may not check every box in this job description. This is okay, and we want to hear from you. If you think you are a great candidate for this role or another in CHOOOSE, apply anyway and tell us why.
How to apply: Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae through the application portal on this page.
NB: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.
- Climate Solutions
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
CHOOOSE is a venture-backed technology company in Oslo, Norway delivering easy and accessible solutions to enable climate action for everyone.
Nature-Based Solutions Lead, Climate Solutions
Loading application form