If you are interested in creating climate tech products that work to solve the biggest problem faced by humans, then read on!
On a mission to close the gigaton gap between climate intention and action, CHOOOSE provides a software platform for bringing climate action into every customer experience. Through flexible integrations, customer-friendly interfaces, automated carbon measurement, and a connected marketplace of climate solutions, CHOOOSE delivers a complete platform that enables our partners to build and manage integrated climate action programs.
How we move both people and goods contributes meaningfully to global carbon emissions, and decarbonizing the travel, transportation, shipping and logistics industries requires multi-faceted approaches. In this context, CHOOOSE actively supports some of the world’s largest companies in these sectors, enabling them to rapidly bring to market and evolve customer-facing climate action programs. CHOOOSE-powered programs provide practical software tools to our partners and their customers – empowering them to understand and address emissions today as well as to advance emerging solutions like Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF).
CHOOOSE is a venture-backed climate tech startup. We are mission-oriented and ambitious, scaling our business and climate action in tandem. We care about one another and our customers. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, CHOOOSE has remote team members around the globe and a growing office in Boston, Massachusetts.
About the role:
As an Associate Product Manager, you’ll be part of the team that turns the CHOOOSE vision of a climate-neutral world into a reality through our innovative products. Reporting to our Head of Products, you will be working on our suite of integrated software used by clients around the world.
From translating business strategy into product strategy, to identifying customer needs, imagining creative solutions to problems, and turning plans into actions, we are looking for someone who can help us more deeply understand the carbon offset space and create products to serve this rapidly changing industry.
- Collaborate with the product team to define the strategy, positioning, and vision for our range of climate tech products. You can familiarise yourself with our products on ourwebsite.
- Helping to analyse business requirements and market trends, and to improve our products to ensure the strategic objectives are achieved.
- Work on and take ownership over certain areas of the product management life cycle, such as product strategy, integration management, product development, and/or design.
- Work closely with our other departments, including tech, customer success, and sales/marketing on the development, release, and follow-up of products to create a state-of-the-art, cutting-edge product suite, pushing the boundaries of the industry.
- Support our cross-functional teams with technical specifications, user research, wireframing, and prototyping.
We recognise that Product Management is a relatively new field and many highly talented applicants may not completely fulfil the requirements below. If you believe that you would fit in with the CHOOOSE team, and are a fast learner who is passionate about the intersection of tech and climate action, we encourage you to apply for this position or see our other openings. We are flexible in tailoring the job description to the right person.
- Academic background or some experience in product management, product leadership, technology strategy, computer science, maths, sciences, climate/sustainability, or similar.
- Experience with, some knowledge of, or interest in learning more about:
- Carbon offsetting and climate/sustainability tech, specifically in the travel/hospitality/airline industries.
- The various phases of the product management life cycle such as product strategy, integration management, product development, and/or design.
- Mapping out user flows and wireframes.
- Agile principles (e.g. Kanban, Scrum), product management tools like Jira or Azure, and project management tools such as Trello or Notion.
- A deep interest in technical solutions to global challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Some research and analytical skills, as well as creative problem-solving skills, are expected.
- An independent thinker with a self-starter attitude, who is not afraid to share their opinions, despite their experience level or stage in their career!
- Competitive salary, insurance, and pension schemes
- Employee shareholder program
- Parental leave covered above 6G
- 2-week paternity leave covered in relation to birth
- Flexible work hours (we have kids ourselves)
- Free access to top-quality gym 24/7/365
- A modern office with a fjord view located in central Oslo, with lunch
- Flexibility in terms of work location (hybrid remote work, as long as you are working and available during normal work hours for GMT+2)
- Great opportunities to do the extraordinary
At CHOOOSE, we’re all about diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for the role without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups and communities. We are happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities, to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance.
How to apply:
Please submit the following through the application portal:
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page) answering the following questions:
- What interests you in working at the intersection of climate and tech?
- What phase of the product management process do you feel most and least comfortable with?
- What specific skills or knowledge do you hope to gain from the position?
- Curriculum vitae detailing your work and educational background focusing on product management or relevant experiences.
- Optional: portfolio/screenshots or links to previous relevant work.
NB: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.