If you are a Front-End Developer who is excited to dig into solutions that work to solve the biggest problem faced by humans, then read on!
On a mission to close the gigaton gap between climate intention and action, CHOOOSE provides a software platform for bringing climate action into every customer experience. Through flexible integrations, customer-friendly interfaces, automated carbon measurement, and a connected marketplace of climate solutions, CHOOOSE delivers a complete platform that enables our partners to build and manage integrated climate action programs.
How we move both people and goods contributes meaningfully to global carbon emissions, and decarbonizing the travel, transportation, shipping and logistics industries requires multi-faceted approaches. In this context, CHOOOSE actively supports some of the world’s largest companies in these sectors, enabling them to rapidly bring to market and evolve customer-facing climate action programs. CHOOOSE-powered programs provide practical software tools to our partners and their customers – empowering them to understand and address emissions today as well as to advance emerging solutions like Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF).
CHOOOSE is a venture-backed climate tech startup. We are mission-oriented and ambitious, scaling our business and climate action in tandem. We care about one another and our customers. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, CHOOOSE has remote team members around the globe and a growing office in Boston, Massachusetts.
About the role:
We’re seeking a Senior Front-End Developer to build and develop our expanding software.
Our core product is CHOOOSE Connect, an integrations platform that provides everything large enterprises need to integrate seamless, high-impact climate compensation options into the customer experience. CHOOOSE Connect is in use by leading global travel, logistics and banking enterprises. The platform is built on Jamstack, with C#/.net backend, Python for scripting/testing, React frontend, and some Sanity/Gatsby in the mix.
We are looking for a person who is open to new technologies, is not afraid to experiment and wants to constantly learn. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and able to take charge and make decisions. We are flexible on experience and speciality, and we’re happy to tailor the role to the right person.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Technical experience with:
- React and React ecosystem
- ES6+ features
- TypeScript and Redux state management
- Maintaining and scaling complex front-end architecture
- Creating accessible and user-friendly components
- Creating unit tests or integration tests (react-testing-library)
- Experience with at least one CSS-in-JS UI framework (we use ChakraUI)
- Experience with Headless CMS (we use Sanity)
- Knowledge of the entire development process
- Experience with testing and debugging
- Great problem-solving skills
- Experience with coaching and mentoring other developers
- Interest in working in the intersection of climate and tech
- Competitive salary, insurance, and pension schemes
- Employee shareholder program
- Parental leave covered above 6G
- 2-week paternity leave covered in relation to birth
- Flexible work hours (we have kids ourselves)
- Free access to top-quality gym 24/7/365
- A modern office with a fjord view located in central Oslo, with lunch
- Flexibility in terms of work location (hybrid remote work, as long as you are working and available during normal work hours for GMT+2)
- Great opportunities to do the extraordinary
At CHOOOSE, we’re all about diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for the role without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups and communities. We are happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities, to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance.
How to apply: Please submit your curriculum vitae through the application portal.
NB: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.