CHOOOSE brings climate action into everyday life and business.
The CHOOOSE platform enables enterprise partners across sectors to build and run climate programs that embed climate action in their products, services, and customer experiences.
We are the trusted climate partner of global enterprises including Air Canada, British Airways, SAP Concur, American Express GBT, Southwest Airlines, booking.com, Trip.com, and more. CHOOOSE-powered programs provide practical software tools to our partners and their customers — empowering them to understand and address emissions through readily available and frontier carbon solutions.
We are an ambitious, mission-oriented team, and we are scaling our business and climate action in tandem. We care about one another and our partners. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, CHOOOSE has remote team members around the globe and a growing team in the United States. Now, we are facing an exponential growth curve and need the very best talent to join the next chapters of the CHOOOSE journey.
About the role:
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to help us build and develop our expanding software.
Our core product is CHOOOSE Connect, an integrations platform that provides everything large enterprises need to integrate seamless, high-impact climate compensation options into the customer experience. CHOOOSE Connect is in use by leading global travel, logistics and banking enterprises.
The platform is built on Jamstack, with C#/.net backend, Python for scripting/testing, React frontend, and some Sanity/Gatsby in the mix.
We are looking for a person who is open to new technologies, is not afraid to experiment and wants to constantly learn. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and able to take charge and make decisions.
Required skills and experience:
- Degree in computer science.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Technical knowledge of:
- Azure (Azure functions)
- Maintaining and scaling complex services
- React and React ecosystem
- ES6+ features
- TypeScript and Redux state management
- Maintaining and scaling complex front-end architecture
- Creating accessible and user-friendly components
- Creating unit tests or integration tests (react-testing-library)
- Azure (Azure functions)
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- An attitude for developing colleagues in the team by participating in code reviews, discussions, whiteboard sessions, and tech talks.
- An attitude for contributing to a good DevOps culture in the team.
- An attitude for contributing to a good remote culture in the team.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package – including medical, dental, and vision insurance, voluntary 401k contributions, paid parental leave, and paid time off.
- Option to participate in employee equity program
- Flexible work hours and flexible location
- For Oslo-based employees
- Free access to top-quality gym 24/7/365
- A modern office with a fjord view located in central Oslo, Norway, with lunch
- For remote or Boston-based employees
- Complete support in remote setup needs
- Flexibility around business travel and regular visits to the Oslo HQ
- A fun, supportive team committed to advancing climate solutions and tackling big challenges, as well as to advancing individuals in their careers.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. CHOOOSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups and communities. CHOOOSE is happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance.
We know the right candidate may not check every box in this job description. This is okay, and we want to hear from you. If you think you are a great candidate for this role or another in CHOOOSE, apply anyway and tell us why.
How to apply: Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae through the application portal on this page.
NB: We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.
- Product & Technology
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
CHOOOSE is a venture-backed technology company in Oslo, Norway delivering easy and accessible solutions to enable climate action for everyone.
Loading application form