If you are excited to dig into the details of an integration product suite from ideation to launch while working to solve the biggest problem faced by humans, then read on!
We are a diverse team working to build powerful climate tools for people and companies around the world. The CHOOOSE team consists of product managers, communicators, developers, climate conscious consumers, coffee drinkers, music quizzers, and innovators. Now, we’re scaling up and looking for more great people to join us.
CHOOOSE is a fast-growing technology company based in Norway with team members across the globe. We were recently named winner of the Plug and Play Travel & Hospitality in 2021 and named hottest scale-up in Norway by Tech5, TNW and Adyen. Previously we have been awarded numerous awards in the Nordics and were named a global top 10 technology startup by Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge. Our work has been featured in media ranging from Rolling Stone to CNN. CHOOOSE has raised more than $10m in venture funding.
We are facing an exponential growth curve and need the very best talent to join the next chapters of the CHOOOSE journey. Expect a lot of responsibility, freedom, flexibility, challenging tasks, and a true team spirit.
As a Product Owner, you’ll be part of the team that turns the CHOOOSE vision of a climate neutral world into a reality through our innovative products. Reporting to our Head of Products, you will be working on the more detail-oriented side of our product management and helping the team get things done.
While contributing to the development of products from start to finish and ensuring all of our products meet clients’ needs and preferences, the Product Owner will additionally work on various backlog items such as new features, changes to existing features, bug fixes, etc., creating user stories, and communicating the voice of the customer throughout the product life cycle.
In this role, you will work on maximising the value of our entire product suite, including: MyCHOOOSE, WeCHOOOSE, CHOOOSE Connect, and other integrated solutions. You can familiarise yourself with our products on our website.
Assess the value of our products and turn customer pain points into actionable user stories and insights; arrange and prioritise user stories in the backlog.
- Construct and prioritise production processes for the development and product management teams.
- Ensure that the product team has prioritised tasks to work on, and provide direction to the development team.
- Attend and take lead in agile and scrum meetings to ensure that development work is aligned with the roadmap set by the Head of Products and others in the product team.
- Work on and take ownership over the product roadmap, working with the Head of Products to create and maintain a product backlog according to value or ROI.
- Lead the product functional design processes, based on knowledge of the technology and users.
We recognise that Product Management is a relatively new field and many highly talented applicants may not completely fulfil the requirements below. If you believe that you would fit in with the CHOOOSE team, are a fast learner who is passionate about the intersection of tech and climate action, we encourage you to apply for this position, or see our other openings. We are flexible to tailor the job description to the right person.
- Experience as a Product Owner is ideal, or 5-7 years experience in product management, product leadership, technology strategy, computer science, or similar; or relevant combination of studies and work experience.
- Experience with or industry knowledge of carbon offsetting and climate/sustainability tech in the travel/hospitality/airline industries is a big plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile processes and principles (e.g. Kanban, Scrum), product management tools like Jira or Azure, and project management tools such as Trello or Notion.
- Experience with the various phases of the product management life cycle such as product strategy, integration management, product development, and design.
- Experience successfully driving and launching software or services.
- A deep interest in finding, designing, and deploying technical solutions to global challenges, and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, as well as creative problem solving skills based on the findings.
- Excellent interpersonal and proactive communication skills, an independent thinker with a self-starter attitude, who is not afraid to share their opinions.
- High degree of organisational skills, personal accountability, and the ability to inspire team members to achieve overall goals.
- Competitive salary, insurance, and pension schemes
- Employee shareholder program
- Parental leave covered above 6G
- 2 week paternity leave covered in relation to birth
- Flexible work hours (we have kids ourselves)
- Free access to top quality gym 24/7/365
- A modern office with a fjord view located in central Oslo, with lunch
- Flexibility in terms of work location
- Great opportunities to do the extraordinary
At CHOOOSE, we’re all about diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for the role without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups and communities. We are happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities, to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance.
How to apply:
Please submit the following through the application portal:
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page) answering the following questions:
- What motivates you to work at the intersection of climate and tech?
- What phase of the product development process do you feel most and least comfortable with?
- Which personal skills make you able to prioritise features and requirements across several products?
- Curriculum vitae detailing your work and educational background focusing on product management or relevant experiences.
Optional, but appreciated: portfolio/screenshots or links to previous relevant work.
You can address any questions on this job description to CHOOOSE Head of Products, Toina Ljostad.
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.