If you are excited to dig into the details of a SaaS product suite from ideation to launch, while working to solve the biggest problem faced by humans, then read on!
We are a diverse team working to build powerful climate tools for people and companies around the world. The CHOOOSE team consists of product managers, communicators, developers, climate conscious consumers, coffee drinkers, music quizzers, and innovators. Now, we’re scaling up and looking for more great people to join us.
CHOOOSE is a fast-growing technology company based in Norway with team members across the globe. We were recently named winner of the Plug and Play Travel & Hospitality in 2021 and named hottest scale-up in Norway by Tech5, TNW and Adyen. Previously we have been awarded numerous awards in the Nordics and were named a global top 10 technology startup by Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge. Our work has been featured in media ranging from Rolling Stone to CNN. CHOOOSE has raised more than $10m in venture funding.
We are facing an exponential growth curve and need the very best talent to join the next chapters of the CHOOOSE journey. Expect a lot of responsibility, freedom, flexibility, challenging tasks, and a true team spirit.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be part of the team that turns the CHOOOSE vision of a climate neutral world into a reality through our innovative products. Reporting to our Head of Products, you will be working on our suite of software we offer as a service to clients around the world.
From translating business strategy into product strategy, to identifying customer needs, imagining creative solutions to problems, and turning plans into actions, we are looking for someone who can help us more deeply understand the carbon offset space and create products to serve this rapidly changing industry.
In this role, you will primarily work with our SaaS products: MyCHOOOSE, WeCHOOOSE, and our enterprise software solutions. You can familiarise yourself with our products on our website.
Analyse business requirements and help to improve our products to ensure the strategic objectives are achieved.
- Work on and take ownership over various stages of the product life cycle, such as market research, product research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, partnerships, roadmap development, requirement development, and product launch phases.
- Work closely with our other departments, including tech, customer success, and sales/marketing on development, release, and follow-up of products to create a state of the art, cutting edge product suite, pushing the boundaries of the industry.
- Support our cross-functional teams with technical specifications, user research, wire-framing, and prototyping.
We recognise that Product Management is a relatively new field and many highly talented applicants may not completely fulfil the requirements below. If you believe that you would fit in with the CHOOOSE team, are a fast learner who is passionate about the intersection of tech and climate action, we encourage you to apply for this position, or see our other openings. We are flexible to tailor the job description to the right person.
- Degree or diploma in product management, product leadership, technology strategy, computer science, or similar; or relevant combination of studies and work experience.
- Experience with or industry knowledge of carbon offsetting and climate/sustainability tech, in the travel/hospitality/airline industries is a big plus.
- Experience with the various phases of the product management life cycle—specifically SaaS—such as product strategy, market research, product development and design.
- A deep interest in finding, designing, and deploying technical solutions to global challenges, and the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, as well as creative problem solving skills based on the findings.
- Excellent interpersonal and proactive communication skills, an independent thinker with a self-starter attitude, who is not afraid to share their opinions.
- Experience with agile principles (e.g. Kanban, Scrum), product management tools like Jira or Azure, and project management tools such as Trello or Notion.
- Competitive salary, insurance, and pension schemes
- Employee shareholder programme
- Parental leave covered above 6G
- 2 week paternity leave covered in relation to birth
- Flexible work hours (we have kids ourselves)
- Free access to top quality gym 24/7/365
- A modern office with a fjord view located in central Oslo, with lunch
- Flexibility in terms of work location
- Great opportunities to do the extraordinary
At CHOOOSE, we’re all about diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for the role without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups and communities. We are happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities, to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance.
How to apply:
Please submit the following through the application portal:
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page) answering the following questions:
- What motivates you to work at the intersection of climate and tech?
- What phase of the product management process do you feel most and least comfortable with?
- What specific skills would you bring to the table to improve CHOOOSE’s product offerings?
- Curriculum vitae detailing your work and educational background focusing on product management or relevant experiences.
- Optional: portfolio/screenshots or links to previous relevant SaaS or product management work.
You can address any questions on this job description to CHOOOSE Head of Products, Toina Ljostad.
We do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.